letsgo2 cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our world-class travel arrangement. Your personal data includes information such as:
Date of birth
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may reach our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly, and in accordance with your requirements, we need to use the information that you provide and pass this on to the relevant suppliers such as airlines, hotels and transport companies. This information may include your name, address, age and any special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements.
Additionally, where your holiday is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will not, however pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements.
This applies to any sensitive information that you give us such as details of any disabilities, or dietary/religious requirements. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we cannot provide your booking. In making a booking with letsgo2 you consent to the information being passed on to the relevant persons. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
(1) Create an account or purchase any of our services
(2) Request assistance from our award-winning customer support team
(3) Complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from
(4) Participate in competition and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
(5) When you provide us with information about an accident, illness or incident that occurred in connection with your holiday and/or when you make a complaint via a third party (such as an airline or hotel
(6) To provide assistance with online bookings. We collect your information when you fill in the required fields of our online booking forms but do not complete your booking or transaction in order to offer our assistance in case you are experiencing difficulties with our website (where we have your consent to do so)
However, we also collect additional information when delivering our Services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may not be as obvious to you, so we wanted to highlight and explain below a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work
Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties, such as social media plugins) contained within the Services, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
The letsgo2 newsletter will only be sent to you if you have opted-in to receive it. To unsubscribe email email@example.com stating your wish to unsubscribe, or you may unsubscribe via the unsubscribe option on the newsletter or by logging onto your myletsgo2 account.
We always do our utmost to minimize the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you have purchased or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. We use the information we collect to;
• Provide you with the products that you have purchased, including the hotel and airline reservations that forms your contract with us.
• Improve and optimize the operation and performance of our website
• Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the website
• Detect and prevent fraud
• Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
• Understand and analyze how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
We only share your personal data with trusted third parties, which we have integrated with in order to provide products and reservations you have purchased. These trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
• Airline Reservations and their third party platform provides (Sabre Travel Network and Travelfusion)
• Hotel Reservations and our local DMC (Destination Management Company) that we work with to supply your hotel and ground arrangements in your chosen destination.
• Airports, immigration / border control and/or other government authorities. Some destinations require airlines, and tour operators to provide “Advance Passenger Information” about you to the border/immigration authorities of the country of your travel destination. Advance Passenger Information comprises the basic information contained in your passport that you would be required to present on your arrival. In addition, laws in certain destinations such as the USA and other countries require airlines to provide certain additional advance information about you and your travel arrangements. We will provide this information where we are required to do so.
• Processing credit card payments
• Serving advertisements
• Conducting product feedback requests
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Transfer of personal data abroad. We only transfer the minimum data such as your name in order to make the hotel reservation to our hotel and other product partners overseas
Targeted advertisements. Targeted ads or interest-based offers may be presented to you based on your activities on our webpages, and other websites, these offers will display as varying product banners presented to you while browsing. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about such activities in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests, and to measure advertising effectiveness.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services. Our Holidays can only be purchased by anyone over 18 years of age.
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS).We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We also take a number of other measures such as
• Safe Website protocols such as HTTPS
• Ensure the physical and digital security of our equipment, devices and systems by mandating appropriate password protection, encryption and access restrictions
• Are a “PCI DSS” compliant company, meaning that we apply certain high standards of security in respect of your payment information
• Ensure appropriate access controls so that access to your information is only granted to those of our people that need to use it in the course of their work
• Carry out regular penetration testing of our systems and third party reviews of our software
• Maintain internal policies and deliver data protection and confidentiality training to make sure our people also understand their responsibilities in looking after your information and commit to taking appropriate measures to enforce these responsibilities.
You have certain rights in respect of the personal information that we hold about you, including:
• The right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes
• The right to request access to the information that we hold about you
• The right to request that we correct or rectify any information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect
• In certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop using information about you
• The right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) or the relevant authority in your country of work or residence.
• You can always choose not to provide information, however without the information requested we would not be able to book the holiday and or hotel you have chosen.
• If you don’t want to receive newsletter e-mails from us, you may unsubscribe to this service at any time using the methods described in the section above.
• You may request a copy of the data we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• You may request that all your data is removed. In some circumstances, such as an ongoing reservation or other legitimate business interest (as laid out in the GDPR guidelines) we may not be able to remove this data. If you wish to have your personal data removed please email email@example.com.